Stroke Awareness Month
Each May, the Minnesota Stroke Association celebrates National Stroke Awareness Month. The Association understands the needs of stroke survivors. While we work throughout the year to fulfill the Association's mission of raising awareness about stroke and to enhance the quality of life for all people coping with its sudden and long-term effects, the month of May becomes a highlight for all who have been touched by stroke.
You can help the Minnesota Stroke Association in a number of ways:
- Talk to friends and family about stroke.
- Volunteer with the Minnesota Stroke Association by calling 763-553-0088, or email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like the Minnesota Stroke Association Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Share Minnesota Stroke Association posts on your own Facebook page.
- Donate to the Minnesota Stroke Association.
- Learn more about causes, effects and the prevention of stroke
- Stay informed by signing up to receive more information about brain injury and support services.
The Minnesota Stroke Association also hosts two annual events in May to celebrate the journey of stroke recovery and recognize the efforts of stroke survivors and their families. Strike out Stroke Day occurs each spring in partnership with the Minnesota Twins. The Strides for Stroke is our largest annual fundraiser, taking place this year on Saturday, May 21. These events lead the way in helping bring awareness and education to the community about stroke.